Andy Parfitt joins SSF Group as EMEA director of talent
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 October 2011 11:35AM
Saatchi & Saatchi Fallon Group has hired the former BBC Radio 1 controller Andy Parfitt to the position of director of talent across EMEA.
Parfitt will work alongside the region's senior management teams to help "nurture, shape and attract" the best talent.
He will work three days a week in the new post, alongside his advisory roles with BBC Radio and Comic Relief.
Parfitt, who left Radio 1 in July after heading it for 13 years, will report to Robert Senior, the EMEA chief executive of the SSF Group.
Senior said: "Andy has an extraordinary feel for creative organisations and their utter reliance on talent. And he understands talent like no other. He's unique and we're very lucky to have him on board."
Parfitt said: "I admire Robert's energy and insight enormously, and I am very excited to be part of this new challenge across such a diverse region.
"For me, Saatchi & Saatchi is the most famous creative agency in the world, making some great work with a range of interesting clients. There is a talented and collaborative senior team in place, and I'm really looking forward to the start of this new chapter."
Parfitt joined the BBC as a studio manager in 1980 and was part of the launch team for Radio 5 in 1990.
In addition to Radio 1, Parfitt headed the Asian Network and oversaw the launch of the digital station Radio 1Xtra. He also had the title of controller of popular music.
Parfitt was responsible for a revamp of Radio 1 and gave his backing to the station's breakfast DJ Chris Moyles despite controversy last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Email Marketing and CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £23000 per annum + excellent benefits, Milton Keynes
- E-commerce Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Surrey
- Assistant Brand Manager FMCG Connect £20,000 - £25,000 plus benefits, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Marketing Manager Â– Media, London, up to £43k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £43000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool