Andy Parfitt joins SSF Group as EMEA director of talent
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 October 2011 11:35AM
Saatchi & Saatchi Fallon Group has hired the former BBC Radio 1 controller Andy Parfitt to the position of director of talent across EMEA.
Parfitt will work alongside the region's senior management teams to help "nurture, shape and attract" the best talent.
He will work three days a week in the new post, alongside his advisory roles with BBC Radio and Comic Relief.
Parfitt, who left Radio 1 in July after heading it for 13 years, will report to Robert Senior, the EMEA chief executive of the SSF Group.
Senior said: "Andy has an extraordinary feel for creative organisations and their utter reliance on talent. And he understands talent like no other. He's unique and we're very lucky to have him on board."
Parfitt said: "I admire Robert's energy and insight enormously, and I am very excited to be part of this new challenge across such a diverse region.
"For me, Saatchi & Saatchi is the most famous creative agency in the world, making some great work with a range of interesting clients. There is a talented and collaborative senior team in place, and I'm really looking forward to the start of this new chapter."
Parfitt joined the BBC as a studio manager in 1980 and was part of the launch team for Radio 5 in 1990.
In addition to Radio 1, Parfitt headed the Asian Network and oversaw the launch of the digital station Radio 1Xtra. He also had the title of controller of popular music.
Parfitt was responsible for a revamp of Radio 1 and gave his backing to the station's breakfast DJ Chris Moyles despite controversy last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline