MG OMD appointed to handle DWP communications task
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 October 2011 11:40AM
The Department for Work and Pensions has chosen Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle the communications planning for a major new pension initiative.
Manning Gottlieb OMD won the business after a pitch through COI that also involved the DWP roster agencies MEC and PHD.
MEC looks after the work for the DWP's Jobcentre Plus initiative, while PHD is responsible for work relating to benefit fraud.
A DWP spokeswoman said: "We will be launching a campaign to communicate information to people who will be automatically enrolled into a workplace pension from October 2012 to help them save for their retirement."
Creative will be overseen by DDB UK, which has previously handled pensions-related activity for the DWP.
The DWP has also worked with other COI roster creative agencies, such as Cheethambell JWT, on a project-by-project basis, but recent advertising activity has been minimal due to cuts in government spending.
The last major DWP activity broke last year to highlight the consequences of benefit fraud through a TV campaign. Cheethambell created the ads, which featured actors playing people who thought they could get away with cheating the benefits system.
The DWP's pension initiative is the latest to be signed off for ad support following the Department of Health's Change4Life initiative and a Ministry of Defence campaign focusing on recruiting reserves to the armed forces.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Senior Research Executive Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart