Iris sets up consultancy to work with UK entrepreneurs
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 October 2011 11:55AM
Iris, the independent agency, is launching a consultancy called Iris Ventures that will operate as an incubator for entrepreneurs with new business ideas.
The consultancy, which will open initially in the UK, will provide marketing and strategic advice to individuals and companies looking to take their products and services to market. In return, Iris Ventures will expect an equity stake.
Iris Ventures will operate as part of the main Iris agency with an internal team of existing staff running the unit. It will encourage individuals to make approaches via the e-mail address email@example.com.
The launch builds on trials with products including Safetray, a bar drinks tray with a clip, and Betternest, a property planning service.
Ian Millner, the joint global chief executive and founder of Iris, has been involved, as the chairman of the Marketing Agencies Association, with the StartUp Britain campaign, a government initiative to encourage entrepreneurialism in the UK.
Millner said: "There is a real opportunity for the creative industries to be working with Britain's new businesses. I'm tired of listening to people moaning about how bad things are. All people in business need to be taking responsibility and opportunity."
Iris was launched in 1999 and now employs 800 people worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London, Central
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media