Iris sets up consultancy to work with UK entrepreneurs
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 October 2011 11:55AM
Iris, the independent agency, is launching a consultancy called Iris Ventures that will operate as an incubator for entrepreneurs with new business ideas.
The consultancy, which will open initially in the UK, will provide marketing and strategic advice to individuals and companies looking to take their products and services to market. In return, Iris Ventures will expect an equity stake.
Iris Ventures will operate as part of the main Iris agency with an internal team of existing staff running the unit. It will encourage individuals to make approaches via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The launch builds on trials with products including Safetray, a bar drinks tray with a clip, and Betternest, a property planning service.
Ian Millner, the joint global chief executive and founder of Iris, has been involved, as the chairman of the Marketing Agencies Association, with the StartUp Britain campaign, a government initiative to encourage entrepreneurialism in the UK.
Millner said: "There is a real opportunity for the creative industries to be working with Britain's new businesses. I'm tired of listening to people moaning about how bad things are. All people in business need to be taking responsibility and opportunity."
Iris was launched in 1999 and now employs 800 people worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show