Nintendo puts marketing to fore with Paine promotion
Nintendo UK is thought to have handed marketing director Dawn Paine extra managerial responsibilities, as it moves to put the customer at the centre of its strategy and provide a conduit for cross-departmental projects.
Paine, who has been with Nintendo since 2001, will take on the role of assistant general manager and marketing director, in order to deliver the new marketing-focused philosophy of the business.
Paine became the Japanese company's first UK marketing director in 2005.
During Paine's 10 years at Nintendo, the brand has significantly broadened its appeal and led the way in appealing to families with the launch of its Wii console.
The dominance of the Nintendo Wii has been threatened by rivals Sony and Microsoft bringing out controller-free consoles that have also proved popular with families, rather than the traditional young male target audience.
Paine was marketing director when the Wii and Nintendo DS launched and was UK marketing controller during the launch of the GameCube.
In July, Nintendo was forced to slash the prices of the 3DS handheld by a third after muted sales of the product, despite a high-profile launch five months previously.
Nintendo was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Freelance After effects Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Marketing Manager Diageo Great reward packages for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Copywriter Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Peterborough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff