Wilkinson Sword backs Movember for third time
Wilkinson Sword, the shaving brand, has renewed its partnership with charity Movember, aiming to increase sales while raising money for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
The brand will launch a Movember campaign, partnering with a men's weekly magazine, alongside PR activity.
Promotional activity will involve an experiential campaign running from mid-October, creating "shaving events" across the UK, while money-off vouchers will be given to consumers to drive in-store sales.
Wilkinson Sword will launch a social media campaign through its new Facebook page, www.facebook.com/wilkinsonswordmenuk.
It is the third year the shaving brand has supported Movember, the charity event that encourages men to grow a moustache for the month of November, raising money and awareness for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
Karen Williams, senior product manager at Wilkinson Sword, said: "Wilkinson Sword recognises the importance of education around men's health issues and Movember really leads the way, championing this cause.
"With our help, Movember will be bigger and better than ever as we equip ‘Mo Bros’ with all their grooming essentials to get them through the month with mo’s to be proud of."
Wilkinson Sword hopes the activity will boost sales for its Hydro Razor, into which it ploughed £20m worth of marketing activity last October.
This week, Heinz announced it is launching a limited edition bottle of its HP Sauce as part of its support activity for Movember.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show