Wilkinson Sword backs Movember for third time
Wilkinson Sword, the shaving brand, has renewed its partnership with charity Movember, aiming to increase sales while raising money for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
The brand will launch a Movember campaign, partnering with a men's weekly magazine, alongside PR activity.
Promotional activity will involve an experiential campaign running from mid-October, creating "shaving events" across the UK, while money-off vouchers will be given to consumers to drive in-store sales.
Wilkinson Sword will launch a social media campaign through its new Facebook page, www.facebook.com/wilkinsonswordmenuk.
It is the third year the shaving brand has supported Movember, the charity event that encourages men to grow a moustache for the month of November, raising money and awareness for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
Karen Williams, senior product manager at Wilkinson Sword, said: "Wilkinson Sword recognises the importance of education around men's health issues and Movember really leads the way, championing this cause.
"With our help, Movember will be bigger and better than ever as we equip ‘Mo Bros’ with all their grooming essentials to get them through the month with mo’s to be proud of."
Wilkinson Sword hopes the activity will boost sales for its Hydro Razor, into which it ploughed £20m worth of marketing activity last October.
This week, Heinz announced it is launching a limited edition bottle of its HP Sauce as part of its support activity for Movember.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%