Wilkinson Sword backs Movember for third time
Wilkinson Sword, the shaving brand, has renewed its partnership with charity Movember, aiming to increase sales while raising money for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
The brand will launch a Movember campaign, partnering with a men's weekly magazine, alongside PR activity.
Promotional activity will involve an experiential campaign running from mid-October, creating "shaving events" across the UK, while money-off vouchers will be given to consumers to drive in-store sales.
Wilkinson Sword will launch a social media campaign through its new Facebook page, www.facebook.com/wilkinsonswordmenuk.
It is the third year the shaving brand has supported Movember, the charity event that encourages men to grow a moustache for the month of November, raising money and awareness for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
Karen Williams, senior product manager at Wilkinson Sword, said: "Wilkinson Sword recognises the importance of education around men's health issues and Movember really leads the way, championing this cause.
"With our help, Movember will be bigger and better than ever as we equip ‘Mo Bros’ with all their grooming essentials to get them through the month with mo’s to be proud of."
Wilkinson Sword hopes the activity will boost sales for its Hydro Razor, into which it ploughed £20m worth of marketing activity last October.
This week, Heinz announced it is launching a limited edition bottle of its HP Sauce as part of its support activity for Movember.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media