Sainsbury's launches Paralympic brand identity
Sainsbury's is rolling out its 'Here's to Extraordinary' brand identity for the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
The branding, created by FutureBrand and AMV.BBDO, aims to deliver a consistent identity for all the supermarket's sponsorship activity running up to the launch of the games.
An 'Here's to Extraordinary' advertising campaign will run next year. Branding will appear on delivery vehicles, shopfronts and point-of-sales material.
Jat Sahota, Sainsbury's head of sponsorship, said: "We wanted to create an identity that celebrates Paralympic athletes for their status as world-class, elite athletes, and not just for the obstacles they have overcome in coming to terms with their disabilities."
The supermarket chain signed up as the first Paralympic-only partner after becoming a tier one sponsor in May last year.
In order to support its sponsorship, Sainsbury's will make Paralympic Games and ParalympicsGB merchandise available in its 950 nationwide stores.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Brand and Content Stopgap £30000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Field Manager Major Players £25000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review