Alfa Romeo launches social campaign for MiTo model
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 26 October 2011 11:45AM
Alfa Romeo, the Fiat-owned Italian car marque, has launched a Facebook campaign to showcase its the high performance capabilities its new MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde vehicle.
The campaign involves a video of stunt driver Terry Grant driving the Mito through 2,500 of balloons arranged in the shape of the Alfa Romeo logo, leaving four unburst.
It is rolling out the video today across YouTube and on its Facebook pages and will be promoting it via Twitter. It is also launching a competition today on Facebook, to get fans to guess where on a grid the remaining balloons are.
The winner will be treated to an Alfa Romeo track day at Goodwood Motor Circuit. It will be launching more videos linked to the campaign over the next few weeks.
The campaign was devised by Yuki Media, with Grape Digital handling the Facebook activity. Big RD was responsible for the production.
Alfa Romeo is already active in social media space and in May this year signed up to feature in a social game ‘I Am Playr’ as the sponsor of a fictional football club called River Park.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad