Alfa Romeo launches social campaign for MiTo model
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 26 October 2011 11:45AM
Alfa Romeo, the Fiat-owned Italian car marque, has launched a Facebook campaign to showcase its the high performance capabilities its new MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde vehicle.
The campaign involves a video of stunt driver Terry Grant driving the Mito through 2,500 of balloons arranged in the shape of the Alfa Romeo logo, leaving four unburst.
It is rolling out the video today across YouTube and on its Facebook pages and will be promoting it via Twitter. It is also launching a competition today on Facebook, to get fans to guess where on a grid the remaining balloons are.
The winner will be treated to an Alfa Romeo track day at Goodwood Motor Circuit. It will be launching more videos linked to the campaign over the next few weeks.
The campaign was devised by Yuki Media, with Grape Digital handling the Facebook activity. Big RD was responsible for the production.
Alfa Romeo is already active in social media space and in May this year signed up to feature in a social game ‘I Am Playr’ as the sponsor of a fictional football club called River Park.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- CRM Manager Better Placed Recruitment £55000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits, Birmingham
- Marketing Account Manager Pitch Consultants £23000 - £29000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, West Midlands
- PR Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £38000 per annum, Manchester
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity