Ad agencies line up for Royal Caribbean
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:00AM
Royal Caribbean International is holding a review of its £6 million UK advertising account.
A number of agencies have been approached by the cruise company over the past week, with chemistry meetings due to be held next month.
The search marks the first time that Royal Caribbean has looked to appoint a retained UK agency.
Previously, Royal Caribbean adapted international campaigns, created by the global incumbent, JWT, for the UK market, but is now keen to find an agency to produce campaigns specifically targeting UK consumers.
AMS Media handles the company’s UK media planning and buying business. This relationship is not thought to be affected by the review process.
JWT introduced the brand positioning "the nation of ‘why not?’", which challenged holidaymakers to broaden their horizons by going on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch