Ad agencies line up for Royal Caribbean
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:00AM
Royal Caribbean International is holding a review of its £6 million UK advertising account.
A number of agencies have been approached by the cruise company over the past week, with chemistry meetings due to be held next month.
The search marks the first time that Royal Caribbean has looked to appoint a retained UK agency.
Previously, Royal Caribbean adapted international campaigns, created by the global incumbent, JWT, for the UK market, but is now keen to find an agency to produce campaigns specifically targeting UK consumers.
AMS Media handles the company’s UK media planning and buying business. This relationship is not thought to be affected by the review process.
JWT introduced the brand positioning "the nation of ‘why not?’", which challenged holidaymakers to broaden their horizons by going on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline