Wickes launches £23m media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 October 2011 08:00AM
Wickes is reviewing its £23 million media planning and buying account, currently held by MEC.
The home improvement retailer has approached agencies to pitch for the account, with shops working on submitting RFIs ahead of presentations over the next four weeks.
Wickes’ marketing director, Rob Murray, and brand director, Tony Holdway, are leading the process, and it is understood that the retailer will make a decision before the end of the year, for a contract to begin in the first quarter of 2012.
The bulk of Wickes’ media spend is channelled into TV and press, with the rest split between radio, outdoor, direct mail and online.
This year, Wickes has shifted its focus beyond in-store promotions to promote its catalogues and online services.
Wickes’ creative business, handled by MWO and Libertine, is unaffected by the review. Partners Andrews Aldridge, which was appointed to oversee direct activity in February, is also unaffected.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- GRAPHIC/MULTIMEDIA DESIGNER (Branding, Print, Digital, Video) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £33000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker Michael Page Digital £25000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Middleweight Designer Michael Page Digital £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester