LMFM opens Hoot with comedians
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 11:50AM
Lean Mean Fighting Machine is helping comedian James Rawlings, script-writer Ben Bond and producer Ben Thompson to launch a comedy production company called Hoot that will target agencies and brands.
The company will work with advertisers to create humorous branded content, help agencies create content for websites and provide consultancy for scriptwriting, narrative development in ads and social media campaigns.
Rawlings has won the prestigious Perrier Best Newcomer award at the Edinburgh Festival, while Bond is currently the lead scriptwriter on Skins and also wrote the UK comedy film Killing Bono.
Comedians have recently seen success in helping brands create humorous content for marketing purposes. In the US, the Arrested Development stars Jason Bateman and Will Arnett have launched DumbDumb, a production company that creates comedic long-form ads for advertisers. DumbDumb has already rolled out campaigns for Wrigley's Orbit gum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 60000 - 65000, London
- Senior Strategist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55,000 to £65,000, London
- Campaign Manager | Contract Salt £300 - £350 per day, City of London