LMFM opens Hoot with comedians
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 11:50AM
Lean Mean Fighting Machine is helping comedian James Rawlings, script-writer Ben Bond and producer Ben Thompson to launch a comedy production company called Hoot that will target agencies and brands.
The company will work with advertisers to create humorous branded content, help agencies create content for websites and provide consultancy for scriptwriting, narrative development in ads and social media campaigns.
Rawlings has won the prestigious Perrier Best Newcomer award at the Edinburgh Festival, while Bond is currently the lead scriptwriter on Skins and also wrote the UK comedy film Killing Bono.
Comedians have recently seen success in helping brands create humorous content for marketing purposes. In the US, the Arrested Development stars Jason Bateman and Will Arnett have launched DumbDumb, a production company that creates comedic long-form ads for advertisers. DumbDumb has already rolled out campaigns for Wrigley's Orbit gum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Trade Marketing Manager Carnival UK Competitive, Southampton
- Web Content and Support Executive (CMS / HTML / CSS) CHM £25,000 per annum pro rata, London (Central)
- Studio Manager, 5 month contract Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, Northampton
- Midweight/Senior Digital Designer - Mobile Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 Per Annum, London