BT signs comms provider deal with FA centre
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 10:13AM
BT is to provide broadband, Wi-Fi and other technology services to St George's Park, the FA's new National Football Centre, as part of a five-year commercial tie-up.
BT has signed up official communications services partners of St George's Park, the £100m development in Burton-upon-Trent, which will become the centre of coaching and education for English football.
As part of the deal, coaches, players and business users of St George's Park will be able to use BT technology, such as BT broadband and BT Wi-Fi.
In return, BT is likely to use St George's Park, which is to be the centre of coaching for English Football, for conferencing and other work opportunities. There is likely to be only minimal BT branding at the centre.
David Sheepshanks, chairman of St George's Park, said: "We are absolutely delighted to welcome BT as a partner for the St George's Park development and their associations with us is a ringing endorsement of its important and its growing national identity."
Graham Sutherland, managing director, BT Business, said: "We are very proud to support St George's Park and to help The FA develop the next generation of sporting greats."
The centre is due to be completed and open next year.
No specific financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Social Media & PR Manager - Leading Online Brand Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum Up to £45K + BENS, London
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London