BT signs comms provider deal with FA centre
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 10:13AM
BT is to provide broadband, Wi-Fi and other technology services to St George's Park, the FA's new National Football Centre, as part of a five-year commercial tie-up.
BT has signed up official communications services partners of St George's Park, the £100m development in Burton-upon-Trent, which will become the centre of coaching and education for English football.
As part of the deal, coaches, players and business users of St George's Park will be able to use BT technology, such as BT broadband and BT Wi-Fi.
In return, BT is likely to use St George's Park, which is to be the centre of coaching for English Football, for conferencing and other work opportunities. There is likely to be only minimal BT branding at the centre.
David Sheepshanks, chairman of St George's Park, said: "We are absolutely delighted to welcome BT as a partner for the St George's Park development and their associations with us is a ringing endorsement of its important and its growing national identity."
Graham Sutherland, managing director, BT Business, said: "We are very proud to support St George's Park and to help The FA develop the next generation of sporting greats."
The centre is due to be completed and open next year.
No specific financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham