BT signs comms provider deal with FA centre
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 10:13AM
BT is to provide broadband, Wi-Fi and other technology services to St George's Park, the FA's new National Football Centre, as part of a five-year commercial tie-up.
BT has signed up official communications services partners of St George's Park, the £100m development in Burton-upon-Trent, which will become the centre of coaching and education for English football.
As part of the deal, coaches, players and business users of St George's Park will be able to use BT technology, such as BT broadband and BT Wi-Fi.
In return, BT is likely to use St George's Park, which is to be the centre of coaching for English Football, for conferencing and other work opportunities. There is likely to be only minimal BT branding at the centre.
David Sheepshanks, chairman of St George's Park, said: "We are absolutely delighted to welcome BT as a partner for the St George's Park development and their associations with us is a ringing endorsement of its important and its growing national identity."
Graham Sutherland, managing director, BT Business, said: "We are very proud to support St George's Park and to help The FA develop the next generation of sporting greats."
The centre is due to be completed and open next year.
No specific financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London