Digital Cinema Media to roll out Primesight interactive outdoor ads
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 11:07AM
Digital Cinema Media (DCM) is set to roll out interactive posters in its cinema foyers after appointing Primesight to its outdoor ad-sales contract.
The news comes six months after Primesight and the incumbent Boomerang were invited to pitch for DCM's seven-figure outdoor contract. Primesight were finally appointed this week.
As part of the deal, which begins in spring 2012, DCM will install an initial 100 interactive poster units in its cinema foyers as part of a multi-million pound digital push.
Poster units will be piloted in the Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld at the O2 and the new Vue cinema at Westfield Stratford City.
Simon Rees, managing director of DCM, said: "The partnership with Primesight is a further step towards making the entire cinema experience bigger than just the movie.
"Primesight's digital posters are a fantastic interactive offering which works in synergy with our business, allowing consumers and brands to fully engage with the digital era."
Naren Patel, chief executive of Primesight, said: "The combination of a young techno-savvy audience and the dwell times in cinema foyers makes digital interactive screens a fantastic media offering.
"We believe the interactive capabilities of this product will push the digital out-of-home market to even greater heights."
The DCM contract with Primesight will include Odeon, Cineworld, Vue and Independent cinema sites.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Artworker (Corporate Communications, Annual Reports) Creative Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Pricing Analyst Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Senior customer & Market Intelligence Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show