Digital Cinema Media to roll out Primesight interactive outdoor ads
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 11:07AM
Digital Cinema Media (DCM) is set to roll out interactive posters in its cinema foyers after appointing Primesight to its outdoor ad-sales contract.
The news comes six months after Primesight and the incumbent Boomerang were invited to pitch for DCM's seven-figure outdoor contract. Primesight were finally appointed this week.
As part of the deal, which begins in spring 2012, DCM will install an initial 100 interactive poster units in its cinema foyers as part of a multi-million pound digital push.
Poster units will be piloted in the Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld at the O2 and the new Vue cinema at Westfield Stratford City.
Simon Rees, managing director of DCM, said: "The partnership with Primesight is a further step towards making the entire cinema experience bigger than just the movie.
"Primesight's digital posters are a fantastic interactive offering which works in synergy with our business, allowing consumers and brands to fully engage with the digital era."
Naren Patel, chief executive of Primesight, said: "The combination of a young techno-savvy audience and the dwell times in cinema foyers makes digital interactive screens a fantastic media offering.
"We believe the interactive capabilities of this product will push the digital out-of-home market to even greater heights."
The DCM contract with Primesight will include Odeon, Cineworld, Vue and Independent cinema sites.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Broadcast Planning/Buying Account Director Lipton Fleming £40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, London
- TV Account Manager- Film Lipton Fleming £37000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign