Digital Cinema Media to roll out Primesight interactive outdoor ads
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2011 11:07AM
Digital Cinema Media (DCM) is set to roll out interactive posters in its cinema foyers after appointing Primesight to its outdoor ad-sales contract.
The news comes six months after Primesight and the incumbent Boomerang were invited to pitch for DCM's seven-figure outdoor contract. Primesight were finally appointed this week.
As part of the deal, which begins in spring 2012, DCM will install an initial 100 interactive poster units in its cinema foyers as part of a multi-million pound digital push.
Poster units will be piloted in the Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld at the O2 and the new Vue cinema at Westfield Stratford City.
Simon Rees, managing director of DCM, said: "The partnership with Primesight is a further step towards making the entire cinema experience bigger than just the movie.
"Primesight's digital posters are a fantastic interactive offering which works in synergy with our business, allowing consumers and brands to fully engage with the digital era."
Naren Patel, chief executive of Primesight, said: "The combination of a young techno-savvy audience and the dwell times in cinema foyers makes digital interactive screens a fantastic media offering.
"We believe the interactive capabilities of this product will push the digital out-of-home market to even greater heights."
The DCM contract with Primesight will include Odeon, Cineworld, Vue and Independent cinema sites.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account