Stylist lets readers create its 100th issue
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 31 October 2011 03:50PM
Women's lifestyle magazine Stylist has handed the reins over to its readers for its 100th issue, out this week.
The free weekly title, published by ShortList Media, is out on out on 2 November. Readers were invited to write, illustrate, photograph and style the 100th issue.
Stylist's editorial team received almost 3,000 submissions following an in-magazine appeal for readers to create the celebratory issue. The winning cover design was created by reader Yasmeen Ismali.
Lisa Smosarski, editor of Stylist, said: "This is a genuinely exciting first for Stylist. No other magazine has done a reader takeover to this scale but we were confident we had the right readers with the right talents to ensure this was as good as every other issue of Stylist.
"It's fair to say we were nervous handing over the cover of our entire print run to just one reader as no other women’s weekly in the UK has ever done that before."
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool