Marketing veteran Philip Almond exits Diageo in shake-up
Philip Almond, the global marketing director for Baileys, has left Diageo after 17 years, as part of the drinks company's ongoing restructure.
Almond, who held the position of GB marketing director between 2006 and 2009, also worked as UK marketing director for Burger King when it was owned by Diageo in the early 2000s.
Almond, who has yet to secure another position, told Marketing he was ‘looking forward to a new challenge’.
His duties will be covered by John O’Keeffe, Diageo’s former managing director of Russia and Eastern Europe, who has the new role of global category director for beer and Baileys.
Meanwhile, Diageo is close to completing a comprehensive agency-review process. Each brand will subsequently be assigned an agency from the advertising, digital/social, PR and below-the-line disciplines for the Western Europe region.
Matthew Barwell, Diageo’s consumer marketing and innovation director for Western Europe, said the strategy would result in less duplication and create efficiencies.
‘This will mean we’ll get bigger, better ideas and more integrated work with the very best people,’ he added.
As a result of its restructure, Diageo has moved from running campaigns on a country basis to a regional model, to enable it to shift investment to faster-growing areas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires