Marketing veteran Philip Almond exits Diageo in shake-up
Philip Almond, the global marketing director for Baileys, has left Diageo after 17 years, as part of the drinks company's ongoing restructure.
Almond, who held the position of GB marketing director between 2006 and 2009, also worked as UK marketing director for Burger King when it was owned by Diageo in the early 2000s.
Almond, who has yet to secure another position, told Marketing he was ‘looking forward to a new challenge’.
His duties will be covered by John O’Keeffe, Diageo’s former managing director of Russia and Eastern Europe, who has the new role of global category director for beer and Baileys.
Meanwhile, Diageo is close to completing a comprehensive agency-review process. Each brand will subsequently be assigned an agency from the advertising, digital/social, PR and below-the-line disciplines for the Western Europe region.
Matthew Barwell, Diageo’s consumer marketing and innovation director for Western Europe, said the strategy would result in less duplication and create efficiencies.
‘This will mean we’ll get bigger, better ideas and more integrated work with the very best people,’ he added.
As a result of its restructure, Diageo has moved from running campaigns on a country basis to a regional model, to enable it to shift investment to faster-growing areas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Strategy Consulting Manager Stopgap £75000 - £95000 per annum, London
- Digital Activation Manager - Fastest Mobile Network Brand!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Project Director > DIGITAL AND SOCIAL > AWARD WINNING AGENCY collectivo £55-60k + great Bens , London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager - Innovative Brand ADLIB up to £60,000 + benefits, Bristol
- Senior Innovation Manager (Information) Cancer Research UK £34000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits , London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy