Marketing veteran Philip Almond exits Diageo in shake-up
Philip Almond, the global marketing director for Baileys, has left Diageo after 17 years, as part of the drinks company's ongoing restructure.
Almond, who held the position of GB marketing director between 2006 and 2009, also worked as UK marketing director for Burger King when it was owned by Diageo in the early 2000s.
Almond, who has yet to secure another position, told Marketing he was ‘looking forward to a new challenge’.
His duties will be covered by John O’Keeffe, Diageo’s former managing director of Russia and Eastern Europe, who has the new role of global category director for beer and Baileys.
Meanwhile, Diageo is close to completing a comprehensive agency-review process. Each brand will subsequently be assigned an agency from the advertising, digital/social, PR and below-the-line disciplines for the Western Europe region.
Matthew Barwell, Diageo’s consumer marketing and innovation director for Western Europe, said the strategy would result in less duplication and create efficiencies.
‘This will mean we’ll get bigger, better ideas and more integrated work with the very best people,’ he added.
As a result of its restructure, Diageo has moved from running campaigns on a country basis to a regional model, to enable it to shift investment to faster-growing areas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads