Frank Bruno back in the game for Directski ad
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 November 2011 09:15AM
Directski.com, the online ski holiday firm, has launched a tongue-in-cheek ad that makes fun of its direct competitor, Crystal Ski, using boxing personality Frank Bruno.
The digital and print campaign, created by Karmarama, launched this week. Seeding of the online ad is handled by Rubber Republic with media buying handled by Karmarama.
The ad shows Tony Collins, father of Directski.com co-founders, Anthony and Neal Collins, with his two sons in a ski lodge.
The ad ends with Tony Collins saying: "We know who’s cheaper, now let’s see who’s harder." The camera then cuts to Frank Bruno, who says: "Crystal Ski, you’re going down," before showing a boxing yeti roaring.
Directski.com claims ad was created after Crystal Ski contacted Tony Collins directly about his sons' price comparisons between the two skiing holiday providers.
Anthony Collins, chief executive, Directski.com, said: "The management at Crystal Ski got so upset, they thought it would be a good idea to phone our dad to complain. Yes, they actually did phone our dad.
"If they want to play dirty, we’re up for a fight. That’s why we’ve brought big Frank out of retirement, to help our dad get ready."
In June this year, directski.com won in the SME category at the Marketing Society Awards for Excellence, for building its brand allegiance through a more emotional brand proposition on a minimal budget.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Recruitment Manager - Technical Development Team Propel £28000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Copywriter & Marketing Executive - Events, Integrated Marketing Live Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £20000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Recruitment Team Leader - Technology (Contract) Propel £35000 - £42000 per annum + OTE £80k, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign