Eurostar appoints JCDecaux Airport to sell St Pancras International
JCDecaux Airport, the airport advertising media owner, has won a competitive tender to manage the sales of digital advertising in the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras International Station.
It will be the first time digital outdoor advertising has been available at the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras International since the high-speed service to mainland Europe moved to the station in 2007.
Under the five-year contract, JCDecaux Airport intends to install and sell advertising on 32 40-inch screens in the departures lounge of the Eurostar terminal and four 70-inch screens in the arrivals area.
JCDecaux already has the contract to sell outdoor advertising within the main St Pancras International Station.
James Cheesewright, chief financial officer for Eurostar International, said: "St Pancras International has been our iconic London home for four years and we are delighted to announce JCDecaux Airport as our first digital advertising supplier.
"We were impressed by JCDecaux's experience of working with other transport hubs and we’re confident that they’ll provide Eurostar passengers with well-designed advertising that will enhance the customer experience."
JCDecaux has already started to install the digital sites and expects them to be in situ by the end of 2011.
Julie France, managing director of JCDecaux Airport, said: "The Eurostar proposition will offer an important communication channel at a key international gateway. It will open up huge potential to engage desirable passengers in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympic Games and beyond.
"JCDecaux is uniquely well-placed to deliver this – we have strong relations with international clients and have successfully launched digital networks at major airport and rail terminals including Heathrow Terminal 5."
According to JCDecaux, over nine million passengers travelled on Eurostar in 2010 and a third of all passengers were travelling for business reasons.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Executive Creative Director MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Art Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Gre...
- Creative Team MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates