Publicis Groupe acquires Chinese digital agency Wangfan
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 November 2011 08:25AM
Publicis Groupe has acquired Wangfan, the Chinese digital agency, for an undisclosed sum, as part its two-year plan to double its size in China.
The Chinese digital agency which boasts Puma and Shanghai General Motors among its clients, specialises in interactive campaigns, web branding and design.
Founded in 1997, Wangfan was among the first digital agencies in China and experienced rapid revenue growth with a 19% increase in 2010 over 2009 and a projected 16% increase in 2011. It houses 61 staff.
Wangfan will be rebranded to become part of Publicis Shanghai’s digital arm, Publicis Modem Shanghai. Wangfan's chief executive Bill Wang will become managing director of the digital division.
The acquisition of Wangfan, which is still subject to the approval of the relevant authorities, is part of Publicis Groupe’s overall strategy of heavily boosting revenue from emerging economies and from the digital sector.
In the past 12 months the Groupe has acquired Chinese agencies Genedigi, Dreams, Interactive Communications and Eastwei Relations.
Jean-Yves Naouri, chief operating officer and chairman of China Publicis Groupe, said: "China is a core priority for us.
"It's a market where we aim to be perceived as essential interlocutors. Wangfan is a superb agency with a talented and fast-moving team. They began as pioneers and they have kept moving ahead of the creative and technological wave in the ongoing digital boom."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account