McLaren calls global ad pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
McLaren Automotive is looking for an agency to handle its global advertising as it gears up its bid to take on rivals Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche in the top-end sports car market.
The sports car company, which was launched last year, is conducting its search through a process handled by Oystercatchers.
It is currently talking to agencies with the aim of drawing up a longlist, immediately followed by chemistry meetings. An agency appointment is expected before Christmas.
The appointed ad agency will be the company’s strategic partner for all of its markets worldwide. The company is setting up 35 dealerships, initially in Europe and the US, followed by the Middle East, Asia and other markets.
The first of its high-end sports cars, the MP4-12C, launched earlier this year with a target price of £170,000, and McLaren is expected to roll out a new car in each of the next two years.
The UK group, best known for its Formula One team, had the McLaren F1 team former world champions Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button unveil the protoype of the MP4-12C at its launch event.
In January, McLaren hired Greg Levine to the position of sales and marketing director. He joined from Audi, where he was the head of UK operations. He previously had a five-year spell as the head of Audi South Africa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - Global Omnichannel Marketing Analytics Leader Recruitment Revolution £25,000 to £35,000 + 10% bonus + pension, Brighton, East Sussex
- Community Marketing Coordinator - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Advertising Technology Executive - Media Owner (Music & Ents) Silverdrum Up to £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards