McLaren calls global ad pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
McLaren Automotive is looking for an agency to handle its global advertising as it gears up its bid to take on rivals Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche in the top-end sports car market.
The sports car company, which was launched last year, is conducting its search through a process handled by Oystercatchers.
It is currently talking to agencies with the aim of drawing up a longlist, immediately followed by chemistry meetings. An agency appointment is expected before Christmas.
The appointed ad agency will be the company’s strategic partner for all of its markets worldwide. The company is setting up 35 dealerships, initially in Europe and the US, followed by the Middle East, Asia and other markets.
The first of its high-end sports cars, the MP4-12C, launched earlier this year with a target price of £170,000, and McLaren is expected to roll out a new car in each of the next two years.
The UK group, best known for its Formula One team, had the McLaren F1 team former world champions Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button unveil the protoype of the MP4-12C at its launch event.
In January, McLaren hired Greg Levine to the position of sales and marketing director. He joined from Audi, where he was the head of UK operations. He previously had a five-year spell as the head of Audi South Africa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing (Software) Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Associate Creative Director The Great & The Good £58000 - £64000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Head of Marketing, Beauty, Mat Cover Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Freelance Graphics Project Manager - Exhibitions Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £42000 per annum, Norwich
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity