Kraft kicks off Green & Black's creative review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
Kraft Foods is reviewing the advertising business for its Green & Black's chocolate brand.
The company has approached agencies to invite them to compete for the business.
Green & Black’s has previously worked with Brave after appointing the agency to handle a cinema campaign in October last year.
The 60-second ad promoted a recruitment initiative inviting cinema-goers to apply to be a Green & Black’s chocolate maker – known as a "taste assistant". The campaign included on-screen advertising and trailer idents.
Other recent advertising included a tactical campaign in the run-up to the royal wedding. The print ad, also by Brave, was a take on the "something old, something new" adage. It featured four Green & Black’s variants: dark, raisin & hazelnut, milk chocolate and butterscotch.
Kraft acquired Green & Black’s as part of its controversial acquisition of Cadbury in early 2010. Cadbury had acquired Green & Black’s five years earlier for an estimated £20 million, having already taken a small stake in the group in 2002.
Green & Black’s was founded as a Fairtrade and organic chocolate company in 1991 by the Whole Earth Foods entrepreneur Craig Sams and his wife, Josephine Fairley.
Other agencies on the Kraft roster include Beattie McGuinness Bungay, which was recently appointed to handle its Dairylea account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Head of Business Marketing London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS,