Kraft kicks off Green & Black's creative review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
Kraft Foods is reviewing the advertising business for its Green & Black's chocolate brand.
The company has approached agencies to invite them to compete for the business.
Green & Black’s has previously worked with Brave after appointing the agency to handle a cinema campaign in October last year.
The 60-second ad promoted a recruitment initiative inviting cinema-goers to apply to be a Green & Black’s chocolate maker – known as a "taste assistant". The campaign included on-screen advertising and trailer idents.
Other recent advertising included a tactical campaign in the run-up to the royal wedding. The print ad, also by Brave, was a take on the "something old, something new" adage. It featured four Green & Black’s variants: dark, raisin & hazelnut, milk chocolate and butterscotch.
Kraft acquired Green & Black’s as part of its controversial acquisition of Cadbury in early 2010. Cadbury had acquired Green & Black’s five years earlier for an estimated £20 million, having already taken a small stake in the group in 2002.
Green & Black’s was founded as a Fairtrade and organic chocolate company in 1991 by the Whole Earth Foods entrepreneur Craig Sams and his wife, Josephine Fairley.
Other agencies on the Kraft roster include Beattie McGuinness Bungay, which was recently appointed to handle its Dairylea account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-35K plus bonus, dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)