YouTube picks Adam & Eve for content drive
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
YouTube has appointed Adam & Eve to handle pan-European advertising activity as it looks to invest in a broader range of original entertainment content.
Adam & Eve is understood to have been appointed to the business without a pitch and will now work on a series of pan-European integrated advertising campaigns to promote YouTube’s new and existing channel line-up.
YouTube announced recently that it plans to heavily expand its channel portfolio by introducing new channels from well-known personalities and content producers.
Among those launching their own channels are Madonna, the skateboarder Tony Hawk and the basketball star Shaquille O’Neal.
Red Bull and Reuters have also partnered with the Google-owned site.
YouTube has been expanding its consumer offering in recent years as it looks to give consumers and advertisers more reasons to engage with the site.
Last month, the company launched a movie rental service and a merchandise store that allows artists to sell tickets and products through their YouTube channels.
Google currently works with a number of agencies on its ad activity, including Bartle Bogle Hegarty, M&C Saatchi and Mother. These relationships are unaffected by Adam & Eve’s appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Assistant Brand Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, London