Bacardi seeks shop for UK brand task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
Bacardi has approached agencies regarding its UK advertising.
The global spirits brand has spoken to a number of agencies in relation to its portfolio of UK brands.
Conversations are said to focus in part on the new Bacardi Oakheart brand, a new spiced rum variant introduced in the UK in September to challenge established rum brands such as Captain Morgan and Sailor Jerry.
The product launch was backed by a £3 million advertising campaign created by Y&R New York.
However, Bacardi has since shifted its global ad business to the New York-based agency Johannes Leonardo.
In the UK, Bacardi already works with a number of agencies including Arnold KLP, Quiet Storm and 23red. Y&R’s UK shop, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, is the incumbent on Bacardi’s Bombay Sapphire business.
Last year, Bacardi spent around £6 million on marketing its portfolio of products in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director, Integrated,Freelance Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £250 - £270 per day, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director The Great & The Good £38000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Agency Engagement Manager - Native Advertising Technology Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits & bonus, London