Bacardi seeks shop for UK brand task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
Bacardi has approached agencies regarding its UK advertising.
The global spirits brand has spoken to a number of agencies in relation to its portfolio of UK brands.
Conversations are said to focus in part on the new Bacardi Oakheart brand, a new spiced rum variant introduced in the UK in September to challenge established rum brands such as Captain Morgan and Sailor Jerry.
The product launch was backed by a £3 million advertising campaign created by Y&R New York.
However, Bacardi has since shifted its global ad business to the New York-based agency Johannes Leonardo.
In the UK, Bacardi already works with a number of agencies including Arnold KLP, Quiet Storm and 23red. Y&R’s UK shop, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, is the incumbent on Bacardi’s Bombay Sapphire business.
Last year, Bacardi spent around £6 million on marketing its portfolio of products in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham