Boots sticks with comedy Christmas strategy
Boots is sticking with its comedic "here come the girls" theme for this year's Christmas advertising campaign, which is themed around the importance of women.
The TV ad, which launches tonight (November 3), portrays the girls as action-heroines as they transform their neighbourhood from a suburban street into a winter wonderland with "speed, skill and glamour".
The campaign, created by ad agency Mother, is designed to show Christmas would not happen without the influence of women, who carry out laborious tasks including secretive shopping missions and marathon wrapping sessions.
The 60-second television spot will launch at 8.15pm during ITV and Channel 4 during Emmerdale and Beeny's Restoration Nightmares.
Boots introduced comedy to its Christmas campaigns last year with ads that sought to bring together health and beauty in one ‘brand voice’ for the first time.
The brand introduced its "here come the girls" positioning four years ago.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager to Account Director Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Customer Communications Executive Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot