Barnardo's in brand awareness push with 'Life Stories' campaign
Barnardo's, the children's charity, has launched a new ad campaign that explains the long-term benefits of the charity's work, under its 'Believe in Children' brand message.
The campaign by BBH includes a TV ad supported by outdoor and digital activity. The ad breaks on Channel 4 this evening (3 November) during 'Sarah Beeny's Restoration Nightmare'. Media planning has been handled by John Ayling Associates.
The campaign has been created to boost public support for the charity's services by explaining the measurable positive impact of Barnardo's services and the constant support it offers throughout people's lives.
The ad, called 'Life story', explores five stages in the life of a 30-year-old man who has been supported by Barnardo's through years of abuse and difficulty.
It starts with the man explaining that he is doing well, has a girlfriend and is expecting a baby. The ad then cuts to younger versions of the man, when he was an angry teen and before that, a scared boy.
The ad ends with the line, "It doesn't have to end like it began. Join us to fight for a child's future."
Diana Tickell, UK director of marketing and business change at Barnardo's, said the campaign differs from previous work because as well as focusing on child abuse, it also shows a solution to the problem.
She said: "The advert will reach both existing and new supporters by letting them know about the vital work we do.
"It has a high emotional impact that will resonate strongly with viewers and challenge them to rethink their attitudes towards troubled children and young people. It will leave them feeling there is much that can be done and that they can help us make a difference.
"Telling the stories of the young people we work with is the most powerful way we have of communicating the possibility for change."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter: @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads