BMB and Goodstuff launch media business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 11:10AM
Beattie McGuinness Bungay is launching a media planning and buying division, BMB Media, in a joint venture with Goodstuff Communications.
The unit, which has signed up the BMB clients Pretty Polly and Pussy Drinks, will be led by Sam Drake, who joins from Starcom MediaVest Group, where he was a strategy director.
The new offering, which will be based in BMB's London office, will target medium-sized clients who "demand joined-up creative and media thinking".
Goodstuff will co-own and support the venture with its strategic input and the media buying scale provided by its minority investor, Omnicom Media Group.
Andrew McGuinness, a founding partner of BMB, said: "Clients increasingly see a competitive edge in ensuring their creative and media thinking is joined up.
"While the biggest clients have the resources to ensure this happens, others are left refereeing between two different agencies. BMB Media makes getting joined-up thinking quicker, easier and more affordable."
Andrew Stephens, a co-founder of Goodstuff, said: "We've worked closely with BMB for more than six years. The time was perfect to more formally bring our companies together."
Separately, BMB has hired Alex Brown, Karmarama's head of account management, to the newly created role of head of talent.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show