Audi hires Euro RSCG exec to senior marketing role
Audi has hired ad agency executive Kristian Dean to the role of UK brand and communications manager.
Dean joins from agency Euro RSCG, where he managed the Peugeot account. He previously worked on brands such as Heinz, Danone, Cadburys, Renault and Land Rover.
He replaces Eve Tyers, who leaves after nine years with Volkswagen Group.
Dean will be tasked with managing the development and direction of the Audi UK national media strategy, including developing "convention-challenging" campaigns to promote Audi's technological developments.
He will report to Audi UK head of marketing Dominic Chambers, who himself only joined the VW-owned marque in July after leaving Korean electronics brand LG at the end of 2010.
Chambers said: "Our ever expanding range and the new developments that arrive to enhance it seemingly on an almost weekly basis will undoubtedly present formidable communication challenges, but I am confident that Kristian will rise to them admirably."
Separately, Audi has announced the appointment of Martin Sander as its new UK director. Sander will join in January from his current role as chief executive of Audi Canada. He replaces Jeremy Hicks, who left to become managing director of Tata Motors Jaguar Land Rover.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Renault unifies UK marketing under 'Va va voom' line
- VIDEO: Audi 'believes there is growth in the UK market', says Chambers
- Audi's new marketing boss Dominic Chambers on keeping the brand in the fast lane
- Trading places: this week's people moves
- VW launches Golf GTI viral anniversary work
- Audi softens theme for £3m A6 Avant push
- Audi UK director Hicks departs
- Audi backs first Sunday Times iPad supplement app
- Audi hires former LG marketer Dominic Chambers
- Account Manager - Integrated Stopgap £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Web & Digtial Marketing Officer Stopgap £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Manager, Food Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £42,000 + car allowance , Greater London
- Account Director - shopper - Hertfordshire - up to £50k Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Lead PHP/Drupal Developer Needed! - £45k - London Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, City of London
Chronicles of Cannes – Day Two: The Redux
Annie Leibovitz explained the art of bringing a story down to a single moment, and shared the inspiration behind the campaign she created with Disney making tales as old as time relevant to today. We heard from Astro Teller, Captain of Moonshots at Google (yes, really) reinforcing the importance of storytelling in driving audacious invention. Mother warned us to hang on to the joy of craft and keep our brains happy in order not to become advertising douchebags. And Facebook discussed scalable creativity.