Kraft investors to vote on Cadbury name next year
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 04 November 2011 09:32AM
Kraft Foods investors will decide on the name of its global spin-off snacks business, which will house the Cadbury brand, in May next year.
Kraft Foods is spinning off its North American grocery business from its global snacks group, as it believes it is a more efficient way of running the business.
The snacks business, which will include Cadbury and brands including Oreo, Milka Tang and Trident, will focus on faster growing developing markets while the North American grocery unit will continue to develop the brands distributed through traditional grocery channels.
Details of next year's vote emerged as Kraft reported sales for the three months were $11.2bn, up 11.5% on the year.
In Europe, net revenues were up 16.1% on the year, helped by growth of its Power Brands, such as Milka.
Irene Rosenfeld, chairman and chief executive of Kraft, said: "Our investments in marketing and new products continue to drive high quality growth and solid market shares. And we've accomplished this despite having taken significant price increases to offset record-high input costs.
"Together with substantial savings opportunities, we expect to deliver top-tier results in 2011 and remain on track to launch two industry-leading companies with strong operating momentum in the coming year."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Cambridge
- Strategy Lead MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, New York (State) (US)
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London