Pizza Hut undertakes 2m email marketing blitz
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 04 November 2011 10:07AM
Pizza Hut is to embark on a two million-strong email marketing blitz to support the launch of its calorie-reduced Pizzetta range.
The launch of the Pizzetta brand coincides with the government's move to reduce the country's intake of calories.
Last month, the Department of Health unveiled an initiative aimed at slashing five billion calories off the nation's daily diet by 2020.
Pizza Hut's Pizzetta range are a lighter range of pizzas, which each contain less than 500 calories.
The range consists of three pizzas: Chicken Delight; Shrimply Delicious; and Virtuous Veg.
Pizza Hut has emailed its entire two million database about introductory offers available via discount websites.
There is also activity supporting the launch of Pizzetta on Pizza Hut's UK Facebook page.
Pizza Hut, like a number of its rivals, has introduced calorie counts on its menus, as part of the government's Responsibility Deal.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%