Pizza Hut undertakes 2m email marketing blitz
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 04 November 2011 10:07AM
Pizza Hut is to embark on a two million-strong email marketing blitz to support the launch of its calorie-reduced Pizzetta range.
The launch of the Pizzetta brand coincides with the government's move to reduce the country's intake of calories.
Last month, the Department of Health unveiled an initiative aimed at slashing five billion calories off the nation's daily diet by 2020.
Pizza Hut's Pizzetta range are a lighter range of pizzas, which each contain less than 500 calories.
The range consists of three pizzas: Chicken Delight; Shrimply Delicious; and Virtuous Veg.
Pizza Hut has emailed its entire two million database about introductory offers available via discount websites.
There is also activity supporting the launch of Pizzetta on Pizza Hut's UK Facebook page.
Pizza Hut, like a number of its rivals, has introduced calorie counts on its menus, as part of the government's Responsibility Deal.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham