Pizza Hut undertakes 2m email marketing blitz
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 04 November 2011 10:07AM
Pizza Hut is to embark on a two million-strong email marketing blitz to support the launch of its calorie-reduced Pizzetta range.
The launch of the Pizzetta brand coincides with the government's move to reduce the country's intake of calories.
Last month, the Department of Health unveiled an initiative aimed at slashing five billion calories off the nation's daily diet by 2020.
Pizza Hut's Pizzetta range are a lighter range of pizzas, which each contain less than 500 calories.
The range consists of three pizzas: Chicken Delight; Shrimply Delicious; and Virtuous Veg.
Pizza Hut has emailed its entire two million database about introductory offers available via discount websites.
There is also activity supporting the launch of Pizzetta on Pizza Hut's UK Facebook page.
Pizza Hut, like a number of its rivals, has introduced calorie counts on its menus, as part of the government's Responsibility Deal.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Executive Â– Events, London £25k + bonus Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20,000 - £25,000, Greater London
- Digital Project Coordinator Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Kettering
- Strategic Marketing Manager Stopgap £38000 - £40530 per annum + benefits, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure