Pizza Hut undertakes 2m email marketing blitz
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 04 November 2011 10:07AM
Pizza Hut is to embark on a two million-strong email marketing blitz to support the launch of its calorie-reduced Pizzetta range.
The launch of the Pizzetta brand coincides with the government's move to reduce the country's intake of calories.
Last month, the Department of Health unveiled an initiative aimed at slashing five billion calories off the nation's daily diet by 2020.
Pizza Hut's Pizzetta range are a lighter range of pizzas, which each contain less than 500 calories.
The range consists of three pizzas: Chicken Delight; Shrimply Delicious; and Virtuous Veg.
Pizza Hut has emailed its entire two million database about introductory offers available via discount websites.
There is also activity supporting the launch of Pizzetta on Pizza Hut's UK Facebook page.
Pizza Hut, like a number of its rivals, has introduced calorie counts on its menus, as part of the government's Responsibility Deal.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PPC Manager Major Players £28000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- New Business Executive Dynamic New Alliances £19000.00 - £23000.00 per annum, City of London
- LEAD UI DESIGNER - MOBILE & WEB APPS - LONDON - £60-70K Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated