America gives itself a brand refresh
The United States of America has unveiled a fresh global consumer facing-identity, as it looks to drive tourism and boost the country's economy via a new tourism body called Brand USA.
Brand USA, formerly the Corporation for Travel Promotion, is an overarching tourism body for all 50 of the United States.
The new branding for America, also called Brand USA, soft-launched today (7 November) with a new website at www.discoveramerica.com showcasing the USA logo. The name and visual identity was developed by The Brand Union.
It marks the first time America has marketed itself through a single brand image.
The website displays tourism opportunities across the country in four categories: great outdoors; urban excitement; culture; and indulgence.
Brand USA is working on a global marketing campaign promised for March 2012 and created by JWT.
Stephen J Cloobeck, chairman of Brand USA, said: "Brand USA has arrived, and it is not just a tourism brand.
"It is a 21st Century global brand what will help reposition our great nation in the market for travel, and drive economic activity, including billions of new spending, tens of thousands of new outsource-proof jobs and much needed-tax revenue, to spur powerful growth throughout all corners of the United States."
In June this year, the UK's tourism body VisitBritain launched its global marketing campaign, "You're invited", featuring famous Brits Judy Dench, Jamie Oliver, Dev Patel, Rupert Everett and Twiggy.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter: @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control