America gives itself a brand refresh
The United States of America has unveiled a fresh global consumer facing-identity, as it looks to drive tourism and boost the country's economy via a new tourism body called Brand USA.
Brand USA, formerly the Corporation for Travel Promotion, is an overarching tourism body for all 50 of the United States.
The new branding for America, also called Brand USA, soft-launched today (7 November) with a new website at www.discoveramerica.com showcasing the USA logo. The name and visual identity was developed by The Brand Union.
It marks the first time America has marketed itself through a single brand image.
The website displays tourism opportunities across the country in four categories: great outdoors; urban excitement; culture; and indulgence.
Brand USA is working on a global marketing campaign promised for March 2012 and created by JWT.
Stephen J Cloobeck, chairman of Brand USA, said: "Brand USA has arrived, and it is not just a tourism brand.
"It is a 21st Century global brand what will help reposition our great nation in the market for travel, and drive economic activity, including billions of new spending, tens of thousands of new outsource-proof jobs and much needed-tax revenue, to spur powerful growth throughout all corners of the United States."
In June this year, the UK's tourism body VisitBritain launched its global marketing campaign, "You're invited", featuring famous Brits Judy Dench, Jamie Oliver, Dev Patel, Rupert Everett and Twiggy.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter: @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Qualitative - Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £75000 - £120000 per annum + Performance related bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PHP Developer @ Integrated Media Agency Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 Per Annum £30k to £35k + Benefits + Bonus, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Candidates looking for an Asian Adventure! Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £100000 per annum, Asia
- Head of Marketing THE KINGS SCHOOL ELY £32,000 to £37,000 plus benefits depending on skills and experience., Ely, Cambridgeshire
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred