Mindshare's Claire Valoti to succeed Shaun Gregory at O2 Media
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 07 November 2011 11:45AM
Claire Valoti, head of digital display and mobile at Mindshare, has been appointed managing director of O2 Media.
Valoti will join the Telefónica UK division in January and will be responsible for profit and loss, and for driving growth in the mobile advertising space.
She will report to Telefónica UK new business director, Tim Sefton.
Valoti replaces Shaun Gregory, who was last month appointed director of global ad sales for Telefónica Digital.
Valoti joined Mindshare 11 years ago, and has worked with clients in the automotive, finance, technology, retail and FMCG sectors. She was also appointed co-chairwoman of the Mobile Marketing Association for the UK in 2010.
Sefton said: "O2 Media goes from strength to strength and it leads the whole industry in this emerging personalised advertising platform.
"We are now able to deliver demographic, behavioural and proximity engagement as we the best data and insight in the industry and are successfully delivering real consideration and purchase intent for key brands and media agencies.
"Claire has impressive and relevant experience that makes her the ideal choice as the managing director of O2 Media."
Valoti said: "Mobile is such an exciting development in the marketing world right now... O2 Media truly know their audience and understand that mobile marketing has to add value. It needs to drive attention and engagement to the customer and the brands they partner with."
O2 Media launched in 2008, and aims to create personalised targeted messaging for brand clients.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline