Mindshare's Claire Valoti to succeed Shaun Gregory at O2 Media
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 07 November 2011 11:45AM
Claire Valoti, head of digital display and mobile at Mindshare, has been appointed managing director of O2 Media.
Valoti will join the Telefónica UK division in January and will be responsible for profit and loss, and for driving growth in the mobile advertising space.
She will report to Telefónica UK new business director, Tim Sefton.
Valoti replaces Shaun Gregory, who was last month appointed director of global ad sales for Telefónica Digital.
Valoti joined Mindshare 11 years ago, and has worked with clients in the automotive, finance, technology, retail and FMCG sectors. She was also appointed co-chairwoman of the Mobile Marketing Association for the UK in 2010.
Sefton said: "O2 Media goes from strength to strength and it leads the whole industry in this emerging personalised advertising platform.
"We are now able to deliver demographic, behavioural and proximity engagement as we the best data and insight in the industry and are successfully delivering real consideration and purchase intent for key brands and media agencies.
"Claire has impressive and relevant experience that makes her the ideal choice as the managing director of O2 Media."
Valoti said: "Mobile is such an exciting development in the marketing world right now... O2 Media truly know their audience and understand that mobile marketing has to add value. It needs to drive attention and engagement to the customer and the brands they partner with."
O2 Media launched in 2008, and aims to create personalised targeted messaging for brand clients.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad