Hungry birds star in Peckish TV debut
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 November 2011 10:00AM
Westland Horticulture has launched its first TV ad for Peckish Complete 5 in 1 bird food.
The £1m campaign, created by TBWA\Manchester, focuses on the food's nutrients and uses the strapline "bring more birds to your table".
Spots will air across ITV1, Channel 4, Channel 5, Nickelodeon, Disney XD, Sky1 and Sky Atlantic until 27 November.
Media planning and buying was handled by MEC.
Keith Nicholson, marketing director of Westland Horticulture, said: "The advert is really striking and it will certainly capture the imagination.
"The media campaign deployed around it will definitely help Peckish to gain a great share of voice and hopefully inspire a whole new set of bird feeders in the UK."
The campaign was directed by Chris Gaffey at The Mob Film Company, and created in association with visual effects company Jellyfish.
The spot's copywriter was Lisa Nichols; editor, Rob Featherstone; art director, Gary Fawcett; producer, Mark Collins; planner, Helen Davies; media planner, Alex Heywood.
Post-production work was completed by Envy Post.
In 2004, Westland Horticulture launched its biggest ever TV and press activity as part of a three-year £17.5m campaign.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated marketing and Internal Comms Stonor £45,000 - £65,000 Dependent on Experience , Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Hampshire
- Marketing Assistant, Finacial Services,London,£26k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager - Creative Design Stonor £30,000 - £35,000 plus Commission OTE £60,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Gemini Search £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)