Specsavers and Gok Wan team up for Google+ push
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 10 November 2011 09:07AM
Specsavers is set to become one of the first brands to use the newly expanded Google+, with a campaign that features a live "hangout'" with brand ambassador Gok Wan.
Tomorrow (11 November) Wan will host a live chat on his Google+ page with fashion bloggers and members of the public via "hangout", the site's group video chat feature, to discuss his range of Specsaver glasses.
To win a chance to take part in the discussion members need to add Wan to the "circle", the contacts grouping feature, and they will automatically be entered into a draw to join in.
The hangout will be streamed on the Specsavers YouTube channel and updates will be posted to its Facebook page.
MEC created the social media campaign in conjunction with Specsavers.
Tim Langlois, digital marketing manager at Specsavers, said: "We feel that the Google+ hangout is an amazing opportunity to take blogger and public engagement to a new, dynamic level."
Google expanded its social networking service to brands and businesses on Monday evening (7 November) with Burberry, MailOnline and Mumsnet among the first UK brands to launch pages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of Insight Brand Recruitment Competitive salary + bonus and benefits , Milton Keynes
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Director - Brand Design / FMCG / Packaging ADLIB £48000 - £55000 per annum, Frome
- Award Winning Digital Agency - Print Designer - Central London Twist Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits , City of London
- Senior Website Analyst EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London