Specsavers and Gok Wan team up for Google+ push
Specsavers is set to become one of the first brands to use the newly expanded Google+, with a campaign that features a live "hangout'" with brand ambassador Gok Wan.
Tomorrow (11 November) Wan will host a live chat on his Google+ page with fashion bloggers and members of the public via "hangout", the site's group video chat feature, to discuss his range of Specsaver glasses.
To win a chance to take part in the discussion members need to add Wan to the "circle", the contacts grouping feature, and they will automatically be entered into a draw to join in.
The hangout will be streamed on the Specsavers YouTube channel and updates will be posted to its Facebook page.
MEC created the social media campaign in conjunction with Specsavers.
Tim Langlois, digital marketing manager at Specsavers, said: "We feel that the Google+ hangout is an amazing opportunity to take blogger and public engagement to a new, dynamic level."
Google expanded its social networking service to brands and businesses on Monday evening (7 November) with Burberry, MailOnline and Mumsnet among the first UK brands to launch pages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Marketing & Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Mobile & Apps Manager Stopgap Competitive Day Rate, South East England
- Online Content Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, South East England
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel