Coca-Cola rolls out festive 'holidays are coming' favourite
Coca-Cola is celebrating its 80th year as a Christmas advertiser by re-releasing its popular "holidays are coming" TV ad and by touring its branded Christmas truck around the UK.
Coca-Cola will broadcast its "holidays are coming" Christmas ad by McCann Madrid on 12 November.
The brand is also re-releasing its "snow globe" ad, set to a new song by pop star Natasha Bedingfield, which will air on 10 December.
Coke bought back its "holidays are coming" ad in 2007, after scores of people called its customer information centre to say it marked the beginning of Christmas.
This year, Coke's Christmas activity will feature a six-week long experiential tour of the Christmas truck, which will visit 100 locations across the UK from this month, supported by outdoor activity.
Coca-Cola has also released limited edition packs of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero, decorated with illustrations of Father Christmas.
The Coca-Cola sign in Piccadilly Circus, London, has been redesigned to use 20% less energy and is now the largest LED display in the UK. The new sign will feature consumers' "Christmas wishes", which can be sent to the brand through Twitter.
Zoe Howorth, Market Activation Director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "Coca-Cola has a rich history in Christmas advertising, creating campaigns that resonate with consumers across the world during the holiday period.
"We're thrilled to be celebrating 80 years of Sundblom's much-loved personification of Santa, bringing his creations to a modern day audience and spreading happiness and festive cheer this Christmas."
At the end of September Coca-Cola announced its Olympic campaign will feature a track created by Mark Ronson.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter: @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood