Coca-Cola rolls out festive 'holidays are coming' favourite
Coca-Cola is celebrating its 80th year as a Christmas advertiser by re-releasing its popular "holidays are coming" TV ad and by touring its branded Christmas truck around the UK.
Coca-Cola will broadcast its "holidays are coming" Christmas ad by McCann Madrid on 12 November.
The brand is also re-releasing its "snow globe" ad, set to a new song by pop star Natasha Bedingfield, which will air on 10 December.
Coke bought back its "holidays are coming" ad in 2007, after scores of people called its customer information centre to say it marked the beginning of Christmas.
This year, Coke's Christmas activity will feature a six-week long experiential tour of the Christmas truck, which will visit 100 locations across the UK from this month, supported by outdoor activity.
Coca-Cola has also released limited edition packs of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero, decorated with illustrations of Father Christmas.
The Coca-Cola sign in Piccadilly Circus, London, has been redesigned to use 20% less energy and is now the largest LED display in the UK. The new sign will feature consumers' "Christmas wishes", which can be sent to the brand through Twitter.
Zoe Howorth, Market Activation Director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "Coca-Cola has a rich history in Christmas advertising, creating campaigns that resonate with consumers across the world during the holiday period.
"We're thrilled to be celebrating 80 years of Sundblom's much-loved personification of Santa, bringing his creations to a modern day audience and spreading happiness and festive cheer this Christmas."
At the end of September Coca-Cola announced its Olympic campaign will feature a track created by Mark Ronson.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter: @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show