Mercedes targets younger audience with 'bold' online film
Mercedes-Benz is launching a new UK marketing campaign to better target younger consumers.
The four-week campaign features Marie, a fictional character who finds herself trapped driving a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe model in Streetview.
Viewers of the four-minute 'Escape the Map' online film are asked to help Marie escape by taking part in a series of interactive challenges. If thery do not help her, Marie's face will remain blurred in those manner of those photographed on Streetview.
At the end of the film, the viewer will be asked to enter their number into Marie's mobile phone, and they will immediately receive a call from the character thanking them for their help. They will then be entered into a competition to win a C-Class coupe.
The online film will be promoted via a TV, print, outdoor and social media activity, by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO, which rolls out this weekend (11 November) during 'The X Factor' on ITV1.
This includes a cover-wrap of Metro on 14 November, which, using Blippar augmented reality technology, will enable consumers to view Marie explaining how she has become trapped in Streetview.
David George, UK marketing director at Mercedes-Benz, said: "'Escape The Map' is a bold brand-sharpener – it presents Mercedes-Benz as a vibrant, fresh, aspirational premium brand – and shows people a new side to one of the most prestigious companies in the world."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'