John Lewis Christmas ad takes off online
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 November 2011 11:05AM
The John Lewis Christmas ad has already attracted more than half a million hits on YouTube and has been mashed up with music from horror film 'The Shining'.
The Adam & Eve-created ad launched on Facebook and YouTube on Friday, before airing on TV during 'The X Factor' on Saturday night.
It has notched up 623,822 hits on YouTube, surpassing its Christmas 2010 effort, featuring the Ellie Goulding track 'Your Song', which has received in 462,642 hits on the video-sharing site in the past 11 months.
Self-employed creative R McCrorie has given things a twist by replacing the soundtrack with music from the horror film 'The Shining', which also features a young boy spending a lot of time on his own with a rather different turn of events, after a suggestion by Tom Jamieson.
The original ad uses a cover of The Smiths' ‘Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want', by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Executive - Hampshire Stonor £20,000 - £23,000 plus benefits, Hampshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Live Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West Midlands
- Web Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20,000 - £24,000, Derbyshire
- Performance Marketing Manager - CLIENT-SIDE - leading digital pioneer Bamboo Crowd £40,000 - £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)