John Lewis Christmas ad takes off online
The John Lewis Christmas ad has already attracted more than half a million hits on YouTube and has been mashed up with music from horror film 'The Shining'.
The Adam & Eve-created ad launched on Facebook and YouTube on Friday, before airing on TV during 'The X Factor' on Saturday night.
It has notched up 623,822 hits on YouTube, surpassing its Christmas 2010 effort, featuring the Ellie Goulding track 'Your Song', which has received in 462,642 hits on the video-sharing site in the past 11 months.
Self-employed creative R McCrorie has given things a twist by replacing the soundtrack with music from the horror film 'The Shining', which also features a young boy spending a lot of time on his own with a rather different turn of events, after a suggestion by Tom Jamieson.
The original ad uses a cover of The Smiths' ‘Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want', by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Media Account Executive - Ã‚£25K Ultimate Asset Ã‚£3000 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, City of London
- UX Sitecore Specialist Required | 1 Month Contract | Urgent Sta Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£400 per day, Telford
- Senior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c£competitive package, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Stopgap Ã‚£40000 - Ã‚£48000 per annum, London