BBH wins The Guardian brand campaign pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 November 2011 04:00PM
Guardian News & Media, the owner of The Guardian and The Observer newspapers, has awarded the task of developing a new brand campaign to Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH beat Wieden & Kennedy, the incumbent on GNM's ad business, and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to win the brief.
Recent high-profile TV campaigns including the animated "gola mondo" work to promote The Guardian and The Observer’s coverage of the Fifa World Cup were created by Wieden & Kennedy.
The pitch follows a recent coverprice increase at The Guardian and the launch this week of its iPad edition.
Adam Freeman, the executive director, commercial, at GNM, said: "We're looking forward to working with BBH on an integrated brand and marketing strategy as we build on our growing international reputation as an open, independent and digital-first media organisation."
Jason Gonsalves, the managing partner at BBH, said: "At BBH we believe that creativity and a commitment to difference is what enables businesses to outperform competitors and redefine their categories. That's why we are so excited to be working with a pioneering organisation like the Guardian, to give voice to the brand at a time when it is evolving into a digitally powered, global business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Pepsi Max pranks cinemagoers for Halloween