BBH wins The Guardian brand campaign pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 November 2011 04:00PM
Guardian News & Media, the owner of The Guardian and The Observer newspapers, has awarded the task of developing a new brand campaign to Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH beat Wieden & Kennedy, the incumbent on GNM's ad business, and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to win the brief.
Recent high-profile TV campaigns including the animated "gola mondo" work to promote The Guardian and The Observer’s coverage of the Fifa World Cup were created by Wieden & Kennedy.
The pitch follows a recent coverprice increase at The Guardian and the launch this week of its iPad edition.
Adam Freeman, the executive director, commercial, at GNM, said: "We're looking forward to working with BBH on an integrated brand and marketing strategy as we build on our growing international reputation as an open, independent and digital-first media organisation."
Jason Gonsalves, the managing partner at BBH, said: "At BBH we believe that creativity and a commitment to difference is what enables businesses to outperform competitors and redefine their categories. That's why we are so excited to be working with a pioneering organisation like the Guardian, to give voice to the brand at a time when it is evolving into a digitally powered, global business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot