BBH wins The Guardian brand campaign pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 November 2011 04:00PM
Guardian News & Media, the owner of The Guardian and The Observer newspapers, has awarded the task of developing a new brand campaign to Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH beat Wieden & Kennedy, the incumbent on GNM's ad business, and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to win the brief.
Recent high-profile TV campaigns including the animated "gola mondo" work to promote The Guardian and The Observer’s coverage of the Fifa World Cup were created by Wieden & Kennedy.
The pitch follows a recent coverprice increase at The Guardian and the launch this week of its iPad edition.
Adam Freeman, the executive director, commercial, at GNM, said: "We're looking forward to working with BBH on an integrated brand and marketing strategy as we build on our growing international reputation as an open, independent and digital-first media organisation."
Jason Gonsalves, the managing partner at BBH, said: "At BBH we believe that creativity and a commitment to difference is what enables businesses to outperform competitors and redefine their categories. That's why we are so excited to be working with a pioneering organisation like the Guardian, to give voice to the brand at a time when it is evolving into a digitally powered, global business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- DIGITAL ANALYTICS MANAGER Mortimer Spinks £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits, City of London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure