BBH wins The Guardian brand campaign pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 November 2011 04:00PM
Guardian News & Media, the owner of The Guardian and The Observer newspapers, has awarded the task of developing a new brand campaign to Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH beat Wieden & Kennedy, the incumbent on GNM's ad business, and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to win the brief.
Recent high-profile TV campaigns including the animated "gola mondo" work to promote The Guardian and The Observer’s coverage of the Fifa World Cup were created by Wieden & Kennedy.
The pitch follows a recent coverprice increase at The Guardian and the launch this week of its iPad edition.
Adam Freeman, the executive director, commercial, at GNM, said: "We're looking forward to working with BBH on an integrated brand and marketing strategy as we build on our growing international reputation as an open, independent and digital-first media organisation."
Jason Gonsalves, the managing partner at BBH, said: "At BBH we believe that creativity and a commitment to difference is what enables businesses to outperform competitors and redefine their categories. That's why we are so excited to be working with a pioneering organisation like the Guardian, to give voice to the brand at a time when it is evolving into a digitally powered, global business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Senior Research Executive Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart