BBH wins The Guardian brand campaign pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 November 2011 04:00PM
Guardian News & Media, the owner of The Guardian and The Observer newspapers, has awarded the task of developing a new brand campaign to Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH beat Wieden & Kennedy, the incumbent on GNM's ad business, and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to win the brief.
Recent high-profile TV campaigns including the animated "gola mondo" work to promote The Guardian and The Observer’s coverage of the Fifa World Cup were created by Wieden & Kennedy.
The pitch follows a recent coverprice increase at The Guardian and the launch this week of its iPad edition.
Adam Freeman, the executive director, commercial, at GNM, said: "We're looking forward to working with BBH on an integrated brand and marketing strategy as we build on our growing international reputation as an open, independent and digital-first media organisation."
Jason Gonsalves, the managing partner at BBH, said: "At BBH we believe that creativity and a commitment to difference is what enables businesses to outperform competitors and redefine their categories. That's why we are so excited to be working with a pioneering organisation like the Guardian, to give voice to the brand at a time when it is evolving into a digitally powered, global business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing & PR Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum, Surrey
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad