EasyJet positive about new ads as revenues climb 16%
EasyJet, the budget airline, has claimed its new £50m brand campaign is delivering "promising initial results", boding well for the future on the back of a 16% rise in annual revenue.
In October, the carrier made a step change in its marketing with the launch of a £50m pan-European campaign by VCCP, intended to reposition it as a brand that connects people.
Today (15 November), it said the advertising had shown "promising initial results", with a 250% increase in customers describing themselves as "much more likely to buy from easyJet".
The carrier also revealed it plans to trial allocated seating on selected routes from spring next year, for the first time.
In the 12 months to 30 September, easyJet's revenues grew by 16.1% to £3.45bn.
The top line growth had a big impact on pre-tax profits, which jumped from £154m to £248m, despite a £100m increase in unit fuel costs.
Carolyn McCall, chief executive of easyJet, said: "EasyJet has made great progress this year. Our strong operational and financial performance is a result of the hard work and commitment of easyJet's people in delivering on our cause to make travel easy and affordable for our customers.
"Despite the headwinds of higher fuel costs and a weak and uncertain economic outlook, our focus on customers, robust operational performance, the strength of easyJet's network, combined with cost control and capital discipline, means that easyJet is well placed to succeed."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show