Mexico Today launches ads to entice European travellers
Mexico Today, the tourism brand for Mexico, has kicked off a new campaign featuring 11 different ads designed to drive European consumers to the country.
The campaign, created by Ogilvy, intends to present Mexico as "more than simply a sun, a beach and a resort destination," through a series of 11 different images featuring third-party testimonials.
These include a quote from The New York Times, stating: "Mexico is one of the richest in species diversity, with 22 biosphere reserves and nearly 50 national parks".
The campaign covers outdoor, digital and print, with media buying handled by Mindshare. Ads will run in national press titles, including The Guardian, Condé Nast Traveller magazine and The Spectator.
An outdoor campaign has also been launched in Frankfurt and Berlin, and will be rolled out in London on black cabs, the Heathrow Express and Heathrow terminals one and five, and in Paris and Barcelona later this month.
Europe is a lead source of tourism for Mexico. The country's tourism board claims it accounts for approximately 5.5% of Mexico’s visitor market.
Manuel Diaz Cebrian, Mexico Tourism Board director for UK, Ireland, Sweden and The Netherlands, said: "Holidays are an increasingly important way for people to unwind from the stress of daily life.
"This exciting campaign, intended to be myth-busting, visually arresting and provocative, will communicate the countless ways tourists can explore Mexico and return home feeling renewed and re-energised after a holiday filled with new discoveries."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push