Taco Bell supports third store opening with tongue-in-cheek outdoor ads
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 November 2011 12:49PM
Taco Bell has opened a restaurant in Manchester, its third in the UK, and has earmarked further city openings for 2012.
The Mexican-inspired restaurant chain is attempting to establish a UK presence for the second time after failing previously. It has already opened outlets in the Lakeside Shopping Centre and in Basildon.
Its third is in the Arndale Centre, Manchester, and is likely to be followed by further city openings next year, as it takes on the likes of McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food rivals.
Taco Bell, which is owned by Yum!, the parent company of Pizza Hut and KFC, is currently running outdoor advertising created by Draftfcb, which offer a tongue-in-cheek take on Manchester's deadpan humour and its two football teams.
One of the ads reads "baps out" while another "it's proper Mexicunian".
Nick Dawson, general manager, TacoBell UK & Europe, said the brand wanted to "target city locations around the UK".
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head Of E-Commerce Premier Consultants c.£65k plus car allowance & bonus, North West England
- Technical Product Manager Premier Consultants c.£55k plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Account Director required for Sports Broadcaster Ultimate Asset £50000 - £53000 per annum, London
- Head of PR Brand Recruitment Excellent remuneration and benefits DOE, Loughborough
- Buyer / Senior Buyer Stonor £27-45K dependent on experience, London