Agencies line up for Birds Eye account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 November 2011 08:00AM
Birds Eye is looking to appoint its first retained UK direct and digital agency.
The frozen-food company, which is running a review through the intermediary Creativebrief, is looking for a below-the-line agency to work alongside its ad agency, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, and media agency Carat.
The appointed agency will be expected to work across direct marketing, digital and experiential marketing.
In September, Birds Eye called a review of its digital business, held by Glue Isobar, but has widened its search to include direct marketing and experiential activity.
Birds Eye’s current TV advertising activity features "Clarence" the stuffed polar bear, voiced by the actor Willem Dafoe. The ads, created by AMV, show Clarence popping up unexpectedly in places such as a freezer and on holiday.
At the beginning of the year, Birds Eye appointed Cadbury’s Margaret Jobling as its marketing director.
Birds Eye was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne