Mike Cornwell departs MRM after Meteorite merger
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 November 2011 11:20AM
Mike Cornwell, the chief executive of MRM London, has left the agency following MRM Worldgroup's acquisition of the direct marketing shop Meteorite.
MRM is merging with Meteorite to create MRM Meteorite. The Meteorite co-founders, Hugh Bishop and Debbie Smith, will run the business as chairman and chief executive respectively.
Cornwell, who is understood to be planning the launch of his own consultancy, joined MRM in 2009 from Joshua G2, where he was the agency's chief executive. He had previously worked at TBWA\GGT.
Meteorite, which launched in 1999, has Homebase, Premier Inn, Scope and The Guardian among its clients.
It will relocate to MRM's London offices to create an agency with 160 staff and a client list that also includes General Motors, BSkyB, Johnson & Johnson, Breakthrough Breast Cancer and Costa Coffee.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Major Players £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Consultant | Brand Strategy Consultancy Hanson Search 35-70,000 based on experience., London with frequent travel to ME
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Manager - CRM Stopgap £50000 - £55000 per annum + 12 month contract, London
- Local Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 - £70000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, Hampshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show