The X Factor peaks at 13.9 million and 11.5 million
Craig Colton's departure from 'The X Factor' last night drew a peak audience of 13.9 million, while the Saturday night show peaked at 11.5 million viewers.
This series of ‘The X Factor’ has been watched by fewer people than last year, but with a peak of 13.9 million, or 14.2 million including ITV1 +1, last night's show was still the most-watched programme on any channel over the weekend.
According to unofficial overnight figures, ‘The X Factor Results’ had an average audience of 11.78 million viewers between 8pm and 9pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD, a 35.5% share of viewing. An additional 229.800 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
The departure of astrologer Russell Grant in BBC One’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing Results’ helped the show to an average audience of 11 million, a 38.9% share, across the standard and high-definition channels between 7.30pm and 8pm.
The peak audience for last night’s ‘I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here’ was 10.4 million viewers on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. Including the contribution of ITV1 +1, the peak was 10.6 million viewers.
‘I’m a Celeb’ had an average audience of 9.52 million, a 35.5% share, across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 9pm and 10.30pm. An additional 181,600 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
The 11.5-million peak audience for the Saturday night helping of ‘The X Factor’ rises to 11.9 million when ITV1 +1 is included in addition to ITV1 and ITV1 HD.
On Saturday night ‘The X Factor’ had an average audience of 10.20 million, a 38.3% share, across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 8.15pm and 9.30pm. An additional 275,500 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
Last year, the equivalent Saturday night show of ‘The X Factor had a peak audience of 14.4 million, a 53% share, and an average audience of 13.21 million, a 48.7% share of the TV watching audience.
‘The X Factor’ average audience was beaten on Saturday by the BBC’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ which had an average audience of 11.36 million, a 43.7% share, between 7pm and 8.15pm on BBC One and BBC One HD.
‘I’m a Celeb' started on Sunday last week (13 November) and the first Saturday show of the 2011 series peaked with 8.6 million viewers on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. Including ITV1 +1 the peak was 9.1 million.
After launching with the show’s highest-ever audience last week, this weekend’s ‘I’m a Celeb’ audiences were down from averages of 9.17 million and 10.59 million viewers for the respective Saturday and Sunday night shows last year.
Although audiences are down on last year's 'The X Factor,' it was revealed by Campaign last week that 'The X Factor' final, the closest thing the UK has to the Super Bowl, could still command £200,000 for a 30-second slot.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)