ITV hires Reemah Sakaan as first network marketing chief
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 November 2011 08:30AM
ITV is reshuffling its senior marketing team, starting with the hiring of its first director of network marketing.
The broadcaster has poached BBC marketer Reemah Sakaan to fill the new role, with responsibility for marketing ITV’s content, including hit shows The X Factor and Downton Abbey.
Separately, ITV is also seeking a commercial marketing director following the departure of Julia Porter after five years with the network. It is not known whether she had another job to go to.
Sakaan has worked at the BBC for the past seven years, most recently as head of marketing for BBC One and BBC Drama, leading campaigns including the launches of Sherlock and Frozen Planet, and the relaunch of Doctor Who.
Prior to this Sakaan was head of marketing for BBC Three, BBC Comedy and BBC Entertainment. She also previously held marketing roles at Diageo.
Sakaan will report to Rufus Radcliffe, group director of marketing and research at ITV. She will be responsible for on- and off-air marketing for all programming on ITV1 and ITV’s digital channels, as well as the development of its channel and programme brand strategy.
She replaces Rob Farmer, former director of viewer marketing, who left ITV in August to move to Australia, where he is now head of brand and sponsorships at pay-TV firm Foxtel.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Designer Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Customer Lifecycle Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Lead Content Strategy & Planning Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Associate Director Major Players £80000 - £600000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager - Awesome Brand! Ascent Solutions Up to £40,000 + Great corporate benefits,
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show