Brand-funded game publisher hires head of sales
We R Interactive, the social games company, has appointed Mark Wilson as head of sales.
Wilson will report to the company's co-founder Oli Madgett and will negotiate and oversee all brand integration and digital advertising across We R Interactive's games portfolio.
A million virtual cans of Red Bull and more than 250,000 virtual Nike boots have now been sold in the company’s football game, 'I Am Playr'.
The game launched officially in October and has notched up 270,000 monthly active users. The company is also working on other games.
Wilson said: "What excites me about We R Interactive is that they are taking a completely unique approach to gaming, creating new digital advertising platforms for brands where advertising and brand integrations actually enhance the player's experience."
Wilson replaces Arianne Riddell, who was commercial director and left in September to join LinkedIn.
He joins from Sports New Media where he was head of agency sales. He was previously at ITV for two and a half years as senior online agency sales manager.
We R Interactive has also hired Howard Kingston as marketing manager with responsibility for all digital marketing.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planning Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB