Brand-funded game publisher hires head of sales
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 November 2011 08:30AM
We R Interactive, the social games company, has appointed Mark Wilson as head of sales.
Wilson will report to the company's co-founder Oli Madgett and will negotiate and oversee all brand integration and digital advertising across We R Interactive's games portfolio.
A million virtual cans of Red Bull and more than 250,000 virtual Nike boots have now been sold in the company’s football game, 'I Am Playr'.
The game launched officially in October and has notched up 270,000 monthly active users. The company is also working on other games.
Wilson said: "What excites me about We R Interactive is that they are taking a completely unique approach to gaming, creating new digital advertising platforms for brands where advertising and brand integrations actually enhance the player's experience."
Wilson replaces Arianne Riddell, who was commercial director and left in September to join LinkedIn.
He joins from Sports New Media where he was head of agency sales. He was previously at ITV for two and a half years as senior online agency sales manager.
We R Interactive has also hired Howard Kingston as marketing manager with responsibility for all digital marketing.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head Of Communications - PR and Digital Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Retail Advertising Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., South East England
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'