Brand-funded game publisher hires head of sales
We R Interactive, the social games company, has appointed Mark Wilson as head of sales.
Wilson will report to the company's co-founder Oli Madgett and will negotiate and oversee all brand integration and digital advertising across We R Interactive's games portfolio.
A million virtual cans of Red Bull and more than 250,000 virtual Nike boots have now been sold in the company’s football game, 'I Am Playr'.
The game launched officially in October and has notched up 270,000 monthly active users. The company is also working on other games.
Wilson said: "What excites me about We R Interactive is that they are taking a completely unique approach to gaming, creating new digital advertising platforms for brands where advertising and brand integrations actually enhance the player's experience."
Wilson replaces Arianne Riddell, who was commercial director and left in September to join LinkedIn.
He joins from Sports New Media where he was head of agency sales. He was previously at ITV for two and a half years as senior online agency sales manager.
We R Interactive has also hired Howard Kingston as marketing manager with responsibility for all digital marketing.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity