Brand-funded game publisher hires head of sales
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 November 2011 08:30AM
We R Interactive, the social games company, has appointed Mark Wilson as head of sales.
Wilson will report to the company's co-founder Oli Madgett and will negotiate and oversee all brand integration and digital advertising across We R Interactive's games portfolio.
A million virtual cans of Red Bull and more than 250,000 virtual Nike boots have now been sold in the company’s football game, 'I Am Playr'.
The game launched officially in October and has notched up 270,000 monthly active users. The company is also working on other games.
Wilson said: "What excites me about We R Interactive is that they are taking a completely unique approach to gaming, creating new digital advertising platforms for brands where advertising and brand integrations actually enhance the player's experience."
Wilson replaces Arianne Riddell, who was commercial director and left in September to join LinkedIn.
He joins from Sports New Media where he was head of agency sales. He was previously at ITV for two and a half years as senior online agency sales manager.
We R Interactive has also hired Howard Kingston as marketing manager with responsibility for all digital marketing.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum + pro rata - 6 months, London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot