Nivea launches Facebook-led Christmas campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 November 2011 09:08AM
Nivea is launching a social Christmas campaign this week to encourage people to send personalised gifts to their Facebook friends.
The Facebook app, created by Agency Republic, is designed to fit in with the skincare brand's 'Feel Closer' positioning (created by Draftfcb).
Consumers can use the app to buy and send a friend a Nivea gift set, which will be wrapped in personalised wrapping paper featuring photos they have both been tagged in on Facebook.
The free wrapping paper will also include comments they have made on each other's Facebook walls in a strategy that aims to conjure up thoughts the friends have shared and memories of the fun times had together.
The Beiersdorf-owned brand first launched its 'Feel Closer' positioning in August in an attempt to shift brand perceptions and re-engage women.
It hopes to target women aged 30-54 by encouraging the use of Facebook to share "moments of closeness" by uploading photos and liking, sharing and commenting on other people's pictures.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior PPC Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Marketing Assistant Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Northampton
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Senior Marketing Executive Freedom Digital +Staff discount + Bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, Peterborough
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity