Nivea launches Facebook-led Christmas campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 November 2011 09:08AM
Nivea is launching a social Christmas campaign this week to encourage people to send personalised gifts to their Facebook friends.
The Facebook app, created by Agency Republic, is designed to fit in with the skincare brand's 'Feel Closer' positioning (created by Draftfcb).
Consumers can use the app to buy and send a friend a Nivea gift set, which will be wrapped in personalised wrapping paper featuring photos they have both been tagged in on Facebook.
The free wrapping paper will also include comments they have made on each other's Facebook walls in a strategy that aims to conjure up thoughts the friends have shared and memories of the fun times had together.
The Beiersdorf-owned brand first launched its 'Feel Closer' positioning in August in an attempt to shift brand perceptions and re-engage women.
It hopes to target women aged 30-54 by encouraging the use of Facebook to share "moments of closeness" by uploading photos and liking, sharing and commenting on other people's pictures.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers