Viacom Brand Solutions switches international offering to Be Viacom
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 November 2011 03:59PM
Viacom Brand Solutions, the creative media solutions arm of broadcaster Viacom, is to rebrand under the international banner Be Viacom, to reflect a move to brand engagement across the network.
The group will be headed globally by Dave Sibley, executive vice-president and managing director of Be Viacom, and will include all major Viacom markets, excluding the US. It is expected to roll out across international markets over the coming months.
Be Viacom includes 14 media brands, including MTV and Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Viva, TMF and VH1, along with digital properties Gametrailers and Neopets.
The group was recently responsible for work during the recent MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast for brands including Replay jeans, Dell, Hyundai and Swatch.
Sibley said: "We wanted to bring together the sales teams within our international networks under one name. 'Be Viacom' is an invitation to do business with our great entertainment brands, and the 'Be' stands for 'Brand Engagement'.
"We do a tremendous amount of research into the behaviour of our key demographics, both in general terms and specifically in relation to commercial messages. As such, we feel we're extremely well equipped to help our advertising partners 'engage', rather than just 'reach'."
Sibley is the former managing director of MTV Networks Australia and New Zealand. He took over his current post from Kevin Razvi in August last year.
Razvi left the company to spend time with his family and to pursue personal projects.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- New Product Development Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £competitive salary and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000-£60,000 + Benefits , Southampton, Hampshire
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough