Viacom Brand Solutions switches international offering to Be Viacom
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 November 2011 03:59PM
Viacom Brand Solutions, the creative media solutions arm of broadcaster Viacom, is to rebrand under the international banner Be Viacom, to reflect a move to brand engagement across the network.
The group will be headed globally by Dave Sibley, executive vice-president and managing director of Be Viacom, and will include all major Viacom markets, excluding the US. It is expected to roll out across international markets over the coming months.
Be Viacom includes 14 media brands, including MTV and Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Viva, TMF and VH1, along with digital properties Gametrailers and Neopets.
The group was recently responsible for work during the recent MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast for brands including Replay jeans, Dell, Hyundai and Swatch.
Sibley said: "We wanted to bring together the sales teams within our international networks under one name. 'Be Viacom' is an invitation to do business with our great entertainment brands, and the 'Be' stands for 'Brand Engagement'.
"We do a tremendous amount of research into the behaviour of our key demographics, both in general terms and specifically in relation to commercial messages. As such, we feel we're extremely well equipped to help our advertising partners 'engage', rather than just 'reach'."
Sibley is the former managing director of MTV Networks Australia and New Zealand. He took over his current post from Kevin Razvi in August last year.
Razvi left the company to spend time with his family and to pursue personal projects.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Data Warehouse Manager - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum, West End
- Marketing Assistant/Executive Brand Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media