Viacom Brand Solutions switches international offering to Be Viacom
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 November 2011 03:59PM
Viacom Brand Solutions, the creative media solutions arm of broadcaster Viacom, is to rebrand under the international banner Be Viacom, to reflect a move to brand engagement across the network.
The group will be headed globally by Dave Sibley, executive vice-president and managing director of Be Viacom, and will include all major Viacom markets, excluding the US. It is expected to roll out across international markets over the coming months.
Be Viacom includes 14 media brands, including MTV and Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Viva, TMF and VH1, along with digital properties Gametrailers and Neopets.
The group was recently responsible for work during the recent MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast for brands including Replay jeans, Dell, Hyundai and Swatch.
Sibley said: "We wanted to bring together the sales teams within our international networks under one name. 'Be Viacom' is an invitation to do business with our great entertainment brands, and the 'Be' stands for 'Brand Engagement'.
"We do a tremendous amount of research into the behaviour of our key demographics, both in general terms and specifically in relation to commercial messages. As such, we feel we're extremely well equipped to help our advertising partners 'engage', rather than just 'reach'."
Sibley is the former managing director of MTV Networks Australia and New Zealand. He took over his current post from Kevin Razvi in August last year.
Razvi left the company to spend time with his family and to pursue personal projects.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £22,000, South Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith