Turner signs toy deal across EMEA territories
Toy company Spin Master has signed a six-figure deal with Turner Media Innovations to promote its Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders range across the Cartoon Network.
The on-air and online campaign will roll out on Turner Broadcasting's Cartoon Network across nine territories in Europe, the Middle East and Africa from today (23 November).
The promotion will back the new Bakugan Sky Raiders merchandise and will offer children the chance to win the entire Bakugan product range housed in a unique collector's case made exclusively for the Cartoon Network competition.
Spin Master uses multiple agencies across the EMEA region, but works with Comfederation in the UK. The creative work was done by Turner Media Innovations' in-house team.
The Spin Master campaign is part of an expansion in EMEA-wide activity and follows deals with brands such as Ben 10 and Power Rangers toy-maker Bandai, and Transformers and My Little Pony toy manufacturer, Hasbro.
Bandai's campaign for the Ben 10: Ultimate Alien range started earlier this month in 12 markets, including the UK, and includes on-air sponsorship and spot ads and a takeover of the microsite for the game show 'Ben 10: Ultimate Challenge'.
The Hasbro campaign in the UK, Nordic countries, Middle East and Spain includes on-air sponsorship and spot activity, an online game that will allow children to play each other, and retail promotion.
Adam Eagle, head of sponsorship and promotions, EMEA at Turner Media Innovations, said: "2011 has been a phenomenal year, in which we have seen our pan-EMEA advertising business grow from an occasional campaign, to three fantastic wins in this key retail period in the run-up Christmas."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Director [Car Account] - Advertising Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£55k+, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive, Events, London, £28k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, West London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch