ASA bans Lynx ads after complaints
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2011 11:55AM
Unilever's Lynx deodorant brand has been hit with a double ban from the Advertising Standards Authority for separate outdoor and internet campaigns.
An outdoor ad for Lynx Excite, which ran in July and was created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, drew 113 complaints. It featured a bikini-clad woman under a shower alongside a line stating: "The cleaner you are the dirtier you get."
The digital campaign, which ran in June and July and was created by Tullo Marshall Warren, attracted 15 complaints. It featured the model Lucy Pinder eating whipped cream from her finger alongside the line: "What will she do to make you lose control?"
Complainants said the posters had been placed near schools and were pointed out by their young children, who asked their parents to explain the meaning of the copy.
The ASA judged the outdoor ad complaints under its tougher guidelines introduced in the aftermath of the recent Bailey Report.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Executive Creative Director MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Art Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Gre...
- Creative Team MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates