Rosetta Stone reveals new positioning in Christmas marketing push
Rosetta Stone, the US-based language learning software company, is undertaking a Christmas marketing campaign across the UK and Europe, which aims to promote the brand as a fun and enjoyable way to learn languages
The campaign, created by MBA, debuts this week and is running across digital and outdoor channels.
The campaign marks a shift in strategy from previous campaigns, which have focused on the speed of learning that Rosetta Stone offers customers.
Outdoor ads are running currently, while digital ads will launch in the UK and Germany next week and will run for the next five weeks.
The ads promote the brand as a Christmas gift that can transform people through language, demonstrated by a picture of a woman receiving a different version of herself in a big gift box, and using the strapline: "Let her unwrap a new her. Give the gift of language."
MBA won the brief for Rosetta Stone earlier this month after a review that kicked off in September.
In 2009, the brand created an ad featuring Olympic medallist swimmer Michael Phelps, plugging Rosetta Stone as the way he learnt Chinese quickly in the run-up to the Beijing Olympics.
Rosetta Stone is used by a number of schools and business organisations, as well as by individual consumers around the world.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London
- Graduate Insight Executive Elizabeth Norman International Ã‚£18000 - Ã‚£20000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - London - 20-35k Creative Recruitment Ã‚£20000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Interactive Art Director/Design Director Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 Per Annum, London