Rape Crisis charity launches Christmas campaign about sexual consent
Rape Crisis England and Wales, the UK charity for victims of rape and sexual abuse, has launched a Christmas campaign to raise awareness about the issue of sexual consent when people have been drinking.
The poster campaign states: "Drinking is not a crime. Rape is."
It continues: "No matter how much she's drunk… No matter what she's wearing… No matter if you’ve already kissed…sex without consent is rape."
The posters, which first ran in Scotland, are being distributed by the 44 Rape Crisis centres across the UK into local communities, including shopping centres, sports centres and local libraries.
The Rape Crisis campaign is keen to target men and women during the Christmas period while seasonal parties are taking place.
The London arm of the charity is understood to have approached the Greater London Authority (GLA), requesting that the body allocate money for advertising spend to the capital's portion of the campaign.
Rape Crisis England and Wales is an umbrella body for 44 rape Crisis centres across the UK that provide support and advocacy work for female victims of sexual violence.
Earlier this month, Barnardo's, the children's charity, launched a new campaign to explain the long-term benefits of its work, under its "Believe in Children" brand message.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Retail Space Analyst Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + car + benefits, Nottinghamshire
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Upto £90K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned