Rape Crisis charity launches Christmas campaign about sexual consent
Rape Crisis England and Wales, the UK charity for victims of rape and sexual abuse, has launched a Christmas campaign to raise awareness about the issue of sexual consent when people have been drinking.
The poster campaign states: "Drinking is not a crime. Rape is."
It continues: "No matter how much she's drunk… No matter what she's wearing… No matter if you’ve already kissed…sex without consent is rape."
The posters, which first ran in Scotland, are being distributed by the 44 Rape Crisis centres across the UK into local communities, including shopping centres, sports centres and local libraries.
The Rape Crisis campaign is keen to target men and women during the Christmas period while seasonal parties are taking place.
The London arm of the charity is understood to have approached the Greater London Authority (GLA), requesting that the body allocate money for advertising spend to the capital's portion of the campaign.
Rape Crisis England and Wales is an umbrella body for 44 rape Crisis centres across the UK that provide support and advocacy work for female victims of sexual violence.
Earlier this month, Barnardo's, the children's charity, launched a new campaign to explain the long-term benefits of its work, under its "Believe in Children" brand message.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account