Rape Crisis charity launches Christmas campaign about sexual consent
Rape Crisis England and Wales, the UK charity for victims of rape and sexual abuse, has launched a Christmas campaign to raise awareness about the issue of sexual consent when people have been drinking.
The poster campaign states: "Drinking is not a crime. Rape is."
It continues: "No matter how much she's drunk… No matter what she's wearing… No matter if you’ve already kissed…sex without consent is rape."
The posters, which first ran in Scotland, are being distributed by the 44 Rape Crisis centres across the UK into local communities, including shopping centres, sports centres and local libraries.
The Rape Crisis campaign is keen to target men and women during the Christmas period while seasonal parties are taking place.
The London arm of the charity is understood to have approached the Greater London Authority (GLA), requesting that the body allocate money for advertising spend to the capital's portion of the campaign.
Rape Crisis England and Wales is an umbrella body for 44 rape Crisis centres across the UK that provide support and advocacy work for female victims of sexual violence.
Earlier this month, Barnardo's, the children's charity, launched a new campaign to explain the long-term benefits of its work, under its "Believe in Children" brand message.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- PR Account Director AF Selection £32,000 - £40,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show